Born and raised in Essex County, Virginia on the Rappahannock River, Skipper graduated from Randolph-Macon Academy and Hampden-Sydney College. He co-owned and managed two family businesses, Garrett's Marina and the family oyster business, F.L. Garrett and Sons. As a fifth-generation oyster planter, he has extensive local knowledge of the Chesapeake Bay and surrounding rivers and creeks and has been actively involved in trying to preserve the unique quality of life found on the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula.
He served on the Essex County Board of Supervisors, Essex County Wetlands and Zoning Boards as both member and Chairman in addition to the Essex County Economic Development Authority. He served on the Southside Bank Board of Directors, the Board of Directors for Eastern Virginia Bankshares and currently serves on the Board of Directors of Sona Bank. He was on the Board of Governors of St. Margaret's School in Tappahannock, VA, as well as former President and member of the Essex County Ruritan Club and past President of the Virginia Seafood Council.
As a professional REALTOR, he will offer you his real estate knowledge and experience so that you can achieve your real estate goals.
- Lifetime Area Resident
- 31+ Years Real Estate Professional
- Multi-Million Dollar Producer for 20+ Years
- Work to sell your property at the best possible price and in the shortest possible time.
- Market your property using area newspapers, trade publications, Multiple Listing Service, internet, and other available media.
- Show your property and keep you informed.
- Listen to your needs and research all area available properties.
- Send listings of interest and set up automated emails of new listings or price changes that fit your criteria.
- Present and show the properties you choose.
Submit A Review
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
- $903M+Total Closed Transaction
Volume In 2022*
- 1,686Total Closed Transaction
Units In 2022*
- Top 5Ranking Out Of 576 Firms
By Total Closed Dollar
- $535,940Average Sale Price
per Transaction in 2022*
**Data from CVRMLS Twelve Months ending December 31, 2022