James City County brings you a small-town environment with big city conveniences. Enjoy the best of both worlds right here – the county has it all, from well-maintained golf courses and posh country clubs to green spaces and historic sites.
Occupying an area of 172.2 square miles, the county is home to approximately 73,000 residents. Be one of them and gain access to diverse listings. Whether you enjoy resort-style living or a simple life, you’re bound to find something that suits your tastes.
Real estate in James City County, VA
James City County is made up of the following towns and cities:
The housing market consists primarily of single-family homes and townhomes. The majority of homes have 2 to 4 bedrooms, providing just enough living space for growing families. Vaulted ceilings, walk-in closets, and hardwood flooring are just some of the features you’ll find in the market.
Townhome communities usually have shared amenities like clubhouses, swimming pools, tennis courts, multipurpose trails, and playgrounds.
Some of the most coveted homes in James City County happen to be golf front properties, such as those that can be found in Ford’s Colony in Williamsburg, thecounty seat.
Let VA’s top agents help you find the perfect home. Shaheen, Ruth, Martin & Fonville Real Estate place knowledge, ethics, resourcefulness, dedication, and respectfulness above all else. Call them at 804-288-1400 or send an email to Info@SRMFRE.com for more information on James City County real estate.
Attractions and activities in James City County, VA
- Busch Gardens WilliamsburgVisit this theme park for a fun day out with friends and family. From heartstopping rides to delicious food, Busch Gardens has it all. The park also has seasonal events like Christmas Town, which features one of the largest Christmas light displays in the United States.
- Williamsburg Indoors Sports ComplexWISC gives you state-of-the-art, climate-controlled facilities to keep you comfortable as you swim, exercise, or play your favorite sport. Here you’ll find an indoor field, a well-equipped fitness center, and a gymnastics center, just to name a few.
- Colonial Heritage Golf ClubThe crowning jewel of this club is a par-72, Arthur Hills-designed championship golf course that winds through a 175-acre wooded area. Perfect your swing and take in the scenery right here at Colonial Heritage.
- Ford’s Colony Country ClubThe county club is home to over three courses, namely the Blackheath, Blue Heron, and Marsh Hawk golf courses. These courses are as scenic as their names suggest, with impeccably maintained greens and water features.
- Jamestown SettlementGo on a group tour of Jamestown Settlement, which takes you through a recreation of the Powhattan village as well as James Fort. The documentary “1607: A Nation Takes Root” is screened at the on-site theater every half hour.
- Historic JamestowneThis was the site of the first successful English settlement in VA. It also features an archeological museum that will transport you to the time of the county’s early settlers. Enjoy the exhibits and admire the artifacts on display.
- Brickyard LandingThis boat ramp is open to the public and provides access to the Chickahominy River.
SRMFRE offers unmatched service to buyers and sellers of Central Virginia real estate, as well as East Virginia properties.Contact them today and work with the most deeply connected, forward-thinking real estate team in VA.
You can also call 804-288-1400 or send an email to Info@SRMFRE.com