As a child, she was doted from car seat to open house, waiting for her parents to grab the latest home design ideas and go. As fate would have it, that wide-eyed little girl with the infamous 1990’s bowl cut is now the individual who walks into a house and can memorize the layout and features without a conscious thought. In 2011, Brittney graduated with a degree in history from Randolph-Macon College. What type of job does one undertake when their affection is for the past and its subsequent influence on the present? Unbeknownst to most, real estate was the perfect career, as the fate of a house or neighborhood lies directly within the confounds of the home. If walls could talk, they would speak of the times past, the lives influenced, the love felt, and the progression towards the present and future.J. J. Cox
First as a Hanover Deputy, then a Virginia State Trooper, J.J. has spent countless hours driving the roads of this beautiful state, mapping his future success as a real estate agent. J.J. began real estate in 2006, just as the housing market burst into flames and denigrated into ash, leaving behind an economic downturn and a severe distrust in the real estate market. True to his tenacious nature, J.J. became a leading salesperson and the only ERA luxury homes agent in the Richmond and Williamsburg area, all while working part-time. In 2012, J.J. decided to hang up his hat, put away the blue lights, and retire from his “job” and begin his “career” full-time. If you asked J.J. what he loves most about real estate, he would tell you its the smiles, laughter, and joy he prompts from people when he succeeds in making their real estate dreams a reality.Testimonials
- We are so happy with the professionalism and knowledge that JJ and Brittney showed us in the process of buying a home when we moved from out of state to VA. Their patience was unending in the midst of our many transitions (jobs, selling home out of state which took forever, changing where we wanted to search, etc). JJ always said that he is here for us and wants us to be happy — he and Brittney demonstrated that 100% of the time, every time, no matter what. We fully recommend JJ and Brittney if you are moving to the area from out of state, or down the street. They take care of you like family and truly care about the best interest of their clients. Thank you both for your dedication and for advocating for us in purchasing our wonderful new home. We never would have made it without both of you! -The Ormond’s, September 2015
- You guys are awesome! I can’t believe how quick you sold our home and the Mersons home. We will keep recommending you guys with family and friends. Best team in real estate!! – Keith Burton, July 2015
- The Cox Team is the best real estate team that I have ever dealt with, including some of the big name companies. Their professional approach and creative ideas made the difference in selling houses and land, where others merely took the listings and forgot about us! Great combination of integrity and innovation, which is refreshing in today’s market!! – Steve Marks, October 2014
- I have been renting for approximately 3 years after selling my home in Northern Va and relocating to the Richmond area for a new job. I was interested in purchasing a home again for myself and my two teenage daughters to live. Brittney was very responsive, knowledgeable, professional and easy to work with during this process. She was able to help me find the perfect home, in a great neighborhood, top school district and within my budget. Brittney is a consummate professional, very personable and is someone you can trust. I would highly recommend her for your home buying needs. -Barry Valentine, July 2014
- Brittney helped me purchase my first home in Richmond. While I had researched home buying and felt prepared, Brittney’s expertise was still an asset to me in the process. Brittney’s knowledge of the Richmond area was also a great asset, I was moving into Richmond from out of town, and was only vaguely familiar with Richmond. Brittney was also able to accommodate my schedule, and was punctual to all meetings. -William Winkler, March 2014
- Brittney (and her father, JJ) are an absolutely unbeatable team. My husband and I are first time home buyers…with so many ebbs and flows that goes into buying a home, brittney made it seamless for us!! She responded quickly with our calls and questions. She is knowledgable in her field, extremely down to earth and a beautiful person inside and out. We were nervous going into the home buying process, but with the expertise Brittney and her father bring to the table, our nerves were quickly deflated as they worked diligently to get us not only exactly what we needed, but WANTED! I would recommend Brittney and JJ in the highest regard and you will be thankful you chose them to help you on your journey, whether buying or selling. – Cameron Carson, January 2014.
- Whew! Where to start! It all happened so fast, but seamless none the less! My wife and I contacted Brittney about a home we found one Sunday afternoon. Brittney and her father JJ arranged for us to meet at our home of interest the next day, bright and early in the morning. From the second we walked in the door, the race was on. This was not only the beginning of our first home purchase, but the first day of the rest of our lives. We had seen a few homes with another realtor earlier in the year, and just weren’t ready to make the jump. The other realtor wasn’t meshing with our interests all too well either. We may have found the home to view with Brittney and JJ, but there’s no way we could have gotten this done without them. As a team, they are incredibly informative. We had all of our questions answered about purchasing that home before we had even seen the whole house. Needless to say, we had to have this house! After finishing the walk around of the home, Brittney and JJ had us in touch with a mortgage officer and by 5 pm that evening, we were signing our offer to the home. With no experience on purchasing our first home, my wife and I had no reservations throughout the entire process with Brittney and JJ. We had most of our contact with Brittney the whole way through. She had questions answered and guidance ready for signing offers, getting a home inspection, and ultimately closing on our home. Even when tasks had to be completed late in the evening, Brittney was available to make sure we were taking all of the right steps. If we ever decide we need another home, Brittney will be the first person we call. Luckily for us, they already got us our dream home! We are overly grateful with her help in purchasing our home. And ever since meeting, I have, and still will recommend Brittney to anyone who asks me about a realtor. -Andrew Carson, January 2014
- My home had been listed with another agent for over a year with very few showings, no offers and little responsiveness from the agent or her firm. Within 3 days of being listed with Brittney and J.J. we had qualified leads, several showings and two offers within a week. They have the ability to match the right house with the right buyer and then follow through to make the sale. I will definitely use them for any home or property investment purchases going forward. -Debbie Kennedy, 2013
- In 2013, we were 18 months into trying to sell our Hanover home, obviously without success. We engaged the services of Brittney Cox and her father and we had a contract within a week! I’ve known Brittney since she was in high school and she has consistently demonstrated the drive to succeed, an attribute that she has brought to her real estate career. She is a fighter, just the thing one needs when buying or selling a home. – Pete Wrampelmeier, 2013
The Cox Real Estate Group's Properties
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.